We provide corporate, government, military, and private residential (COD) moving services as well as specialized transportation services.
Arpin was founded in 1900 in the city of Providence, RI. The primary business at the time was delivering coal and ice. Today, the company remains in Rhode Island and is a global leader in the transportation industry.
With a reputation for providing excellent service and a unique focus on preserving the environment, Arpin Group is the only U.S. based family-owned and operated moving and storage company that has remained dominant and successful for more than a century.
- 1900 – Paul Arpin & Sons is formed in Providence, RI.
- 1941 – Paul's grandson, also named Paul, succeeded his grandfather as President of the company.
- 1955 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes an agent for North American Van Lines.
- 1962 – Paul Arpin & Sons becomes a national van line and changes its name to Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1974 – David Arpin, son of Paul Arpin, joined the company after finishing his college education. David spent the next several years working as a long distance driver for the company.
- 1981 – Peter Arpin joined the company after spending several years in broadcasting.
- 1983 – The headquarters are relocated to W. Warwick, RI.
- 1989 – Paul Arpin Van Lines establishes its international freight forwarding services, Arpin International Group.
- 1990 – Paul Arpin Van Lines gains its first rating as #1 in overall customer satisfaction by the nation’s leading consumer information publication.
- 1991 – David Arpin succeeded his father as President & CEO of Paul Arpin Van Lines.
- 1997 – Inc. Magazine/MCI Grand National Award winner for superior customer focus.
- 1999 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. becomes the nation’s 7th largest moving company.
- 2000 – Paul Arpin Van Lines, Inc. celebrates its 100th anniversary.
- 2002 – Paul Arpin Van Lines becomes Arpin Van Lines, Inc.
- 2004 – Arpin International Group opens its first international office in England.
- 2005 – Arpin Van Lines becomes the 5th largest moving company.
- 2006 – The Arpin companies merge under one holding group, Arpin Group, Inc., and the second international office is opened in Singapore.
- 2007– Creative Storage Solutions is created. Arpin International Group continues its global expansion opening Strategic Service Centers in Canada, Hong Kong, and Germany.
- 2009 – Arpin Renewable Energy is created to manage and implement all green initiatives across Arpin Group’s subsidiaries. Arpin Van Lines is certified as a ProMover®.
- 2010 – The Arpin Moving Academy is created as an advanced training module.
- 2011 – Arpin Van Lines unveils the Agency Resource Center, a one-stop resource for its agents, drivers, and corporate employees. Arpin Group rolls out Arpin PrimeSource®, a patented state-of-the-art integrated software system which helps to streamline the relocation process by utilizing efficient bar code scanning technology, resulting in a virtually paperless system.
- 2012 – Arpin Group completed a major construction and green renovation project of its HQ in Rhode Island, USA.
- 2013 – Arpin Group established the Arpin Charitable Fund, d/b/a ArpinStrong®, a non-profit organization focused on helping those in need during natural disasters or when unfortunate circumstances arise.
- 2014 – Arpin Group’s HQ is powered by 100% clean and renewable energy. Arpin International Group opens its first office in the Middle East located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
- 2015 – Arpin Group established a Sustainability Committee.
- 2016 – Arpin International Group opens its first customer service center in Melbourne, Australia.
- 2017 – Arpin International Group opens its first customer service center in Kerala, India.