Service Interruption Alert – The Government of Saudi Arabia Has Taken the Following Steps to Limit the Spread of COVID-19 Within its BordersMarch 18, 2020
We would like to inform you that the government of Saudi Arabia has announced today that the following steps are being implemented by authorities to limit exposure and spread of COVID-19 within its borders:
- All public congregations and prayers in mosques (including Friday prayers) are suspended until further notice.
- All passenger flights in/out of Saudi Arabia have been suspended until 31 March 2020 or until further notice.
- All citizens and residents returning from abroad are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days before returning to work.
- Government and public sector offices have closed for the next 16 days.
- All restaurants and eating establishments have closed for dine-in services (only take out or delivery available).
- Malls and places of public gathering across the kingdom have closed until further notice.
- Workers in all non-essential sectors are being encouraged to work from home.
- Medical, pharmaceutical, and food industry supply chains remain fully operational across the kingdom.
- Cargo flights in and out of Saudi Arabia remain operational.
As a consequence, supplier partners in the region have advised that in an effort to keep their employees and clients safe from possible risk of exposure, starting 19 March 2020, they will be closing their operations across the kingdom until the 31 March or until further notice.
For shipments arriving in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), our supplier partners have assured us that they will do everything possible to clear and deliver shipments to their agents’ warehouse facilities; however, all deliveries to businesses or residences have been suspended until 31 March 2020 or until further notice.
Your Arpin Service team is aware of all shipments that may be impacted and will make arrangements to ensure appropriate parties are kept informed of any potential service disruption. Please cascade, share, and disseminate this information within your respective teams and organizations and anyone who may be impacted by these measures.