Terms and Policies
Terms and Policies
1. Description of Website
ARPIN GROUP is providing User with access to the website. User must provide (1) all equipment necessary for their own Internet connection, including computer and modem and (2) provide for User’s access to the Internet, and (3) pay any fees that relate to such connection, as applicable.
2. Disclaimer of Warranties.
The Website is provided by ARPIN GROUP on an “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, ARPIN GROUP makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, regarding the use or the results of this Website in terms of its correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. ARPIN GROUP shall have no liability for any interruptions in the use of this Website. ARPIN GROUP disclaims all warranties with regard to the information provided, including the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties; therefore the above-referenced exclusion is inapplicable.
3. Limitation of Liability
ARPIN GROUP SHALL NOT be liable for any damages whatsoever, and in particular ARPIN GROUP shall not be liable for any special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to this web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law, or otherwise, even if ARPIN GROUP has been advised of the possibility of such damages. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW FOR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAYBE INAPPLICABLE.
User agrees to indemnify and hold ARPIN GROUP, its subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third party due to or arising out of User’s use of the Website, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by User, or other user of the Website using User’s computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or entity.
5. Modifications and Interruption to Website
ARPIN GROUP reserves the right to modify or discontinue the Website with or without notice to the User. ARPIN GROUP shall not be liable to User or any third party should ARPIN GROUP exercise its right to modify or discontinue the Website. User acknowledges and accepts that ARPIN GROUP does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our Website and operation of our Website may be interfered with or adversely affected by numerous factors or circumstances outside of our reasonable control.
6. Third-Party Sites
7. Disclaimer Regarding Accuracy of Vendor Information
Product specifications and other information have either been provided by the Vendors or collected from publicly available sources. While ARPIN GROUP makes every effort to ensure that the information on this Website is accurate, we can make no representations or warranties as to the accuracy or reliability of any information provided on this Website.
ARPIN GROUP makes no warranties or representations whatsoever with regard to any product provided or offered by any Vendor, and you acknowledge that any reliance on representations and warranties provided by any Vendor shall be at your own risk.
8. Governing Jurisdiction of the Courts of Rhode Island
9. Compliance with Laws.
User assumes all knowledge of applicable law and is responsible for compliance with any such laws. User may not use the Website in any way that violates applicable local, state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements. User further agrees not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, federal, or international law or regulation.
10. Copyright and Trademark Information
All content included or available on this Website, including, but not limited to, site design, text, graphics, interfaces, and the selection and arrangements thereof is © Arpin Group, Inc., with all rights reserved, or is the property of ARPIN GROUP and/or third parties protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of materials on the Website, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution, or replication, any form of data extraction or data mining, or other commercial exploitation of any kind, without prior written permission of an authorized officer of ARPIN GROUP is strictly prohibited. Users agree that they will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy our web pages or the content contained therein without prior written permission of an authorized officer of ARPIN GROUP.
ARPIN GROUP ™ is a proprietary marks of ARPIN GROUP. ARPIN GROUP’s service marks may not be used in connection with any product or website that is not provided by or without the prior written permission of ARPIN GROUP, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits ARPIN GROUP.
All other trademarks displayed on ARPIN GROUP’s website are the service marks of their respective owners, and constitute neither an endorsement nor a recommendation of those vendors. In addition, such use of trademarks or links to the web sites of vendors is not intended to imply, directly or indirectly, that those vendors endorse or have any affiliation with ARPIN GROUP.
11. Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement
Pursuant to Section 512(c) of the Copyright Revision Act, as enacted through the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, ARPIN GROUP designates the following individual as its agent for receipt of notifications of claimed copyright infringement.
Marco P. Uriati
Chief Operating Officer and Chief Legal Officer
Arpin Group, Inc.
99 James P. Murphy Highway
By Telephone: 401-828-8111
By Email: email@example.com
ARPIN GROUP retains the right, at our sole discretion, to terminate any accounts involved with botnets and related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, ARPIN GROUP reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
13. Other Terms
This document was last updated on December 18, 2019
1. Acknowledgment and acceptance of terms
Arpin is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect. By contracting or purchasing our services or products, you acknowledge and fully understand Arpin’s Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Related services and offerings with links from Arpin’s websites, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in Arpin services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards customer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Notice of Information: What We Collect and How We Use It
Arpin collects certain information from and about its customers/website users in three ways: directly from our web server logs, directly from customers, and with cookies.
a. Web Server Logs – When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include:
• Your Internet protocol address
• The kind of browser or computer you use.
• Number of links you click within the site.
• State or country from which you accessed the site.
• Date and time of your visit.
• Name of your Internet service provider.
• Web page you linked to our site from.
• Pages you viewed on the site
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children and will destroy such information if it is disclosed to us without proper parental consent.
c. Customers – By contracting or purchasing our services or products, you will need to provide some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number or facsimile number, account number, and other relevant information. If you purchase a service or product, we will request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you in connection with such service. We will not disclose personally identifiable information we collect from you to third parties without your permission except to the extent necessary including, but not limited to:
• To fulfill your requests for services or products;
• To protect ourselves from liability;
• To respond to legal process or comply with law;
• To governmental entities, insurers, or other companies assisting in fraud prevention or investigations;
• In connection with a merger, acquisition, or liquidation of the company;
• To protect against fraud;
• To those you have authorized us to disclose the information and others as permitted or required by law;
• To other companies with which we jointly market or provide services or products. Arpin only retains personal information as long as is required to perform contracted services or as required by law.
4. Use of Web Beacons or GIF files
Arpin web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons – sometimes also called single-pixel GIFS – that allow Arpin to count users who have visited those pages and to deliver co-branded services. Arpin may include web beacons in promotional email messages or newsletters in order to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon. Arpin prohibits web beacons from being used to collect or access your personal information.
5. Maintaining Accurate Records and Accessing Account Information
We use reasonable efforts to verify the accuracy and timeliness of personal information used during the course of business. We periodically update this information based upon feedback and inputs provided by our customers. In accordance with our obligations under the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield, we will provide you with a reasonable opportunity to access your personally identifiable information we have collected, correct it if inaccurate, or delete it as appropriate. Requests can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Complaints and Remedies
In accordance with the EU/US Privacy Shield Principles:
• You may bring a written complaint directly to Arpin and we must respond to you within 45 days thereafter
• You are entitled, at no cost to you, to have any concerns or complaints that have not been resolved to your satisfaction by Arpin to be reviewed by an independent professional third party administrator: the American Arbitration Association/International Centre for Dispute Resolution http://go.adr.org/privacyshield.html
• If you are located in the EEA and we have not been able to satisfactorily resolve your question or complaint regarding our privacy practices, you may raise your concern to the attention of your data protection authorities (“DPAs”). The DPAs will establish a panel to investigate and resolve complaints brought under the Privacy Shield and Arpin will cooperate with this panel. Furthermore, Arpin will comply with the advice given by data protection authorities and take necessary steps to remediate any non-compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles.
• You may also be entitled to invoke binding arbitration.
• Arpin will meet its liabilities, arising under the Privacy Shield, in relation to any transfers of your personal information to its suppliers, sub-contractors, and in cases of onward transfers to third parties.
• Your personal information is protected under the Privacy Shield as set out in more detail on the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website https://www.privacyshield.gov
• Arpin is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission.
7. Use, Choice, and Acceptance
Your decision to provide us with your personal information is voluntary. Before Arpin provides you with services, you may elect to prohibit us from using your personal information and thereby prohibit us from using or sharing any such personal information with our approved suppliers and subcontractors who assist us in providing Arpin services. If you do choose to opt-out, we may be unable to provide you with the Arpin services that you require.
8. Changes to this Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to this Privacy Statement. This policy will be reviewed at least once per year and updated, if necessary. After review, it will be re-distributed to all necessary parties.
9. Contacting Us
You may request access to your information at any time by contacting an Arpin customer relations representative via email at email@example.com or by calling (U.S.) +1.800.343.3500 (Intl) +1.401.885.4600. Our representative will review and verify your personal information prior to disclosure.
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.